Every year, the National Living Wage (NLW) and National Minimum Wage (NMW) are set to rise from the 1st April.
The new rates will be:
· NLW (age 25+) £8.72 per hour
· NMW (age 21-24) £8.20 per hour
· NMW (age18-20) £6.45 per hour
· NMW (age16-17) £4.55 per hour
· NMW apprentice rate £4.15 per hour
If you pay any employees the NLW or NMW, or close to it, it’s a good idea to check their current pay now to see what adjustments you need to make ready for April.
Other important rises from 5th April 2020
Other important rises include:
· Statutory sick pay, which will rise to £95.85 per week
· Statutory maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental payments will rise to £151.20
· Statutory parental bereavement pay will be introduced from 6th April (£151.20 per week).
If this is written in your policies then don’t forget to amend them ready for April.